MATSim User Meeting 2020
MATSim User Meeting
This year the annual MATSim user meeting will be in Warsaw, Poland. The meeting occurs on April 6th just a day before the ANT conference, which begins on Tuesday, April 7th. The meeting will last for the whole day, alternating presentations and time for exchange. Holding a presentation is by no means a condition for attending the meeting, so feel free to register to hear about other’s work and exchange.
The user meeting will be followed by a business meeting, where strategic decisions relevant to the future of MATSim are discussed. To keep the group size manageable, we recommend that each institution decides on (at most) one person to attend that meeting.
This year, the discussions will mostly revolve around the foundation of a MATSim Association. The aim of that association is to become the entity steering further development of the MATSim platform, a role which was until now taken by academic chairs. The association should provide various benefits to the community as whole, in particular:
- Give a formal way for each and every user to participate in decisions, by becoming a member
- Ensure long-term stability of the development, by making it less dependent on the continuity of the academic chairs
- Give the possibility for interested industrial users to pay for a commercial license. The revenue from those licenses will allow to finance further development and maintenance of the GPL-licensed version of MATSim, while keeping membership fees to a reasonable level.
The day will close with the formal foundation meeting, after which the association will legally start its existence.
|9:00 - 10:30||User Meeting - Presentations 1|
|11:00 - 12:30||User Meeting - Presentations 2|
|14:00 - 15:30||User Meeting - Presentations 3|
|16:00 - 17:30||Business Meeting|
|17:30 - 18:30||Founding Meeting|
Three documents where prepared and will be discussed:
- the articles of the association, listing its purpose and rules
- the contribution agreement, through which all past developers will be able to give the right to the association to use their contribution to fulfill its mission, by sharing ownership
- the contributor terms, which future contributors will have to accept when doing a pull request.
The meeting will be held in the same venue as the ANT conference: the Radisson Blu Sobieski Hotel.
Call for Abstracts
We are now accepting submissions for the User Meeting from both Science and Industry.
Submissions for the User Meeting should take the form of an abstract (< 1000 words), and are to be submitted before February 29, 2020, through EasyChair.
MATSim-related submissions to the main conference will as well be considered for inclusion in the User Meeting program.
Notifications of acceptance will follow shortly after that date.
Please feel free to forward this information to any of your contacts, by sharing the link to the EasyChair call for papers:
All questions about submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
In order to cover for the costs of room rental, coffee breaks and lunch, there is a registration fee of 50 Euros.
To register, please enter your contact information below before February 20, 2020. We will come back to you in due time with bank transfer information.
If you are not sure to come yet (for instance because that is dependent on your abstract being accepted), please register nonetheless and inform us in the “remarks” field.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Warsaw!